01. PAYMENT AND BOOKING.
1. The minimum hire charge is £75.00 [unless otherwise agreed]
2. A non-refundable deposit of 50 % of the total value of the hire is required at the time of booking. This is payable once we receive your booking confirmation and signed ‘Hire Agreement’ form.
3. vintagecrockery.net require the balance of payment 20 days prior to your event, together with the breakages deposit [see below]
4. All prices are for the hire period of 2 days [48 hrs from delivery to collection]. We are happy to quote for longer periods of hire.
5. All items are miss-matched and are in an assortment of patterns, designs and colours. We cannot guarantee exact designs and colours supplied
02. BREAKAGE DEPOSIT.
1. A breakage deposit of £100.00 is required 20 days prior to your event.This breakage deposit should be in the form of a cheque.This will be refunded within 10 working days after collection [less any damage charges]
2. Due to the extremely fragile nature of our items, please take extra care when transporting, packing and stacking crockery and glass. Any items that are damaged, chipped, cracked broken or missing must be reported when collection/delivery is made.
3. vintagecrockery.net will notify the hirer of any items found to be damaged, cracked, chipped, broken or missing that have not been reported at collection stage within 2 days of collection. This will be deducted from the breakage deposit
4. A charge for breakages will be deducted from your £100.00 breakages deposit at x 4 times the hire costs. (EG. hire of one teapot is £4.00, if the teapot is damaged a replacement fee of £16.00 will be deducted from the breakage deposit)
5. Any ‘styling items’ [bunting, linens, decorations etc] remain the sole property of gather/vintage crockery. Any damages will need to be paid for and will be taken from the damages deposit
03. DELIVERY AND COLLECTION.
1. vintagecrockery.net offer a free delivery and collection service within 10 miles of Stroud, Gloucestershire
2. Delivery can only be offered within a 30 mile radius of Stroud, Gloucestershire. This is at a cost of 70 pence per mile each way.
3. You are welcome to collect yourself from Stroud or Cheltenham, Gloucestershire – please call or email.
4. Delivery address/time to be agreed at time of booking.
5. Delivery and collection can only be made to/from ground floor level and within 5 meters of vehicular access at the loading/unloading point.
6. Please return all items in the packaging they arrived in.
04. CHECK AND SIGN.
1. When items are delivered they must be checked and signed for. vintagecrockery.net is not responsible for and will be unable to resolve any issues unless they are brought to our attention on receipt of delivery.
2. Once goods are signed for they become the responsibility of the recipient and it is expected that all goods be kept safe.
05. WASHING UP.
1. A charge of 20% of the total hire charge is applicable if you wish us to collect items unwashed. Important: We kindly request that all food and drink be carefully scraped/removed from all the crockery/cutlery prior to re-packing into the plastic crates.
2. If you choose to wash/clean items yourself, please note that our vintage items are not commercial ware and, thus, crockery and linen cannot be put in dishwashers or washing machines. Please kindly hand wash all items carefully and do not use scourers or heavy abrasives on gilt-ware or silver items.
06. DURING HIRE.
1. The hirer is solely responsible for the protection of all goods hired from vintagecrockery.net from the date of delivery to the date of collection inclusively.
2. Hired goods are not to be used by any third party or loaned out.
3. All our goods remain solely the property of ‘gather/vintagecrockery.net’
4. Items are hired on the understanding that they are not brand new or mass-produced and they are therefore not in ‘new’ pristine condition.Our items are in good ‘vintage condition’ - all items have a degree of wear and tear.
5. No responsibility will be accepted for any damage, injury caused by the hire of any of our goods, props or equipment no matter how caused.